You might find fotos of recent events here
And our website is → here ←
"There's a road I'd like to tell you about, lives in my home town
Entomology Drive the road is called and it'll take you up or down
From rats on up to riches fifteen minutes you can fly
Pretty blue lights along the way, help you right on by"
Beetle Lab Members
- Ditta Amran Balke, Project and Collections Management
- Jerome Morinière MSc, PhD student, currently taxonomic coordinator GBOL - German Barcode of Life at ZSM
- Dr Yoandri Suárez Megna (University of Oriente (Cuba), Santiago de Cuba -- Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, Postdoctoral Fellow, 2 years from autumn 2016)
- I should count as an associate member a mysterious Brazilian scientist who runs our INDOBIOSYS related activities at ZSM and whose name I shall reveal later...
- Dr. Arnaud Faille (at ZSM as Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow and then DFG Postdoctoral Fellow), he is now in Paris
- Rawati Panjaitan (UNIPA: State University of Papua, Manokwari, 2014, DFG Initiation of bilateral cooperation grant)
- Agust Kilmaskossu (UNIPA: State University of Papua, Manokwari, 2015)
- Dr. Wisrutta Atthakor (Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok, Thailand, 30.01.2016-12.03.2016, DFG Initiation of bilateral cooperation grant)
- Pramesa Narakusumo MSc (LIPI Zoology. Museum Zoologicum Bogoriense, Indonesia, August / November 2016, BMBF INDOBIOSYS Project)
- Dr. Susi Melina (Padang, Indonesia, September 2016-September 2017, DAAD postdoctoral fellowship associated with BMBF Biodiversity / Biohealth program)
- Dr. Jesus Gomez-Zurita (Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, Postdoctoral Fellow) now at molevol.cmima.csic.es/gomez-zurita
- Dr. Jiri Skuhrovec (Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, Postdoctoral Fellow) now at Crop Research Institute, Prague
- Dr. Oliver Hawlitschek, DFG PhD student (now at ZSM Herpetology) - finished his PhD summa cum laude - excellent! Oli is now in Barcelona.
- Dr. Emmanuel F.A. Toussaint, DFG PhD student, now in the Andrew Short lab in Kansas - USA Also finished summa cum laude ! He won the 2016 RJH Hintelmann award for excellence in zoological systematics.
- Dr Arnaud Faille (Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, Postdoctoral Fellow and then DFG Postdoctoral Fellow), he is now in Paris and also Associated Researcher at ZSM.
- Dr Athena Lam, MSc, DFG PhD Student (UC Berkeley). She came as Athena, and the beauty of water beetles made her Dr Lam. Congratulations!
Citizen Science Portal - Diving Beetles of Bali and Thailand
We explore the opportunities that emerge when highly motivated citizen scientists equip themselves with collecting gear, smartphones and WhatsApp...
and here launch the WhatsApp / GoogleMaps powered Diving Beetles of Bali Project.
as well as the Diving Beetles of Thailand Project.
Our Favourite Partner
Species ID page of the month
The Beetle D N A Lab
Here you find protocols, primer sequences and references and basically a guide to sequencing happiness.
And when things go wrong...
Meetings we participate in
Here we provide habitat pictures and all sorts of background on how to collect the beetles we study.
Stammtisch Bayerischer Coleopterologen
These are the pages of the working group of Bavarian Coleopterologists... from here on in German!
Willkommen beim Arbeitskreis der bayerischen Käferfreunde. Klicken Sie hier, um zu unseren Internetseiten zu gelangen: Arbeitskreis der bayerischen Käferfreunde
Bioline: Agnieszka Siekaniec, email@example.com, Angebotsnummer 2015: AS1501164